Make this adorable Seal Applique from crocheted hearts. Crochet hearts according to instruction and then just sew hearts together in shape of the animal!
Ch – chain
DC – double crochet
Rnd – round
SC- single crochet
Sl St – slip stitch
St (Sts) – stitch (stitches)Finished Size: Seal is about 2-1/4″ wide and 3-1/4″ tall (including a ball).Materials:
– cotton crochet thread size 3 in olive green, pink and black
– cotton crochet thread size 10 in green
– crochet hook 1/2.75 mm
– crochet hook size 6/1.8 mm1. With cotton crochet thread size 3 in olive green and hook 1/2.75 mm make Large size Heart (see instruction for the Crochet Hearts Applique) for the Seal’s Body.
2.With cotton crochet thread size 10 in green and hook 6/1.8 mm make three Small size Hearts (see instruction for the Crochet Hearts Applique) for the Tail and Flippers.
3.Nose: With cotton crochet thread size 3 in black and hook 1/2.75 mm, join thread to the body, Ch 3, DC, Sl St into same stitch where you joined thread.
4.Fasten off and weave in the ends.
5. With black cotton thread size 3, make 2-3 stitches for the eye or you can use bead of your choice instead.
6. Using my picture as a guide, sew hearts together.
7. Ball: Use cotton crochet thread size 3 in pink and hook 1/2.75 mm.
Start with an adjustable ring.
Rnd 1. Ch 3, 12 DC into ring. Draw the loop closed. Join with Sl St in top of Ch 3.
Rnd 2. Ch 1, *SC into next St, 2 SC into next St*, repeat from * to * around; join with Sl St. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Enjoy your Seal!