Ch – chain
DC – double crochet
Rnd – round
SC- single crochet
Sl St – slip stitch
St (Sts) – stitch (stitches)
2SCtog – two single crochet together
Finished Size: Elephant is about 3 -1/4″ wide and 2-3/4″ tall.
- cotton crochet thread size 3 in light blue and black
- cotton crochet thread size 10 in dark blue
- crochet hook 1/2.75 mm
- crochet hook size 6/1.8 mm
- Head with a Trunk. With cotton crochet thread size 3 and hook 1/2.75 mm make Rnd 1 and 2 as instructed for the Large size Heart, make Rnd 3 as follow:
Rnd 3. Ch 3, SC in top of first St of previous round, 2 SC in each of next 4 Sts, then SC in each of the next 7 Sts, Ch 1, DC in next St (Heart point);
making a trunk – Ch 12, SC in 3rd Ch from the hook, SC in next Ch, 2 SC in next Ch, Sc in each of next 7 Ch, Sl St into top of DC;
SC in each of the next 7 Sts , 2 SC in each of next 4 Sts, SC in next St, Ch 3, Sl St in center, Ch 1.
2. Make Ears. With cotton crochet thread size 10 in dark blue and hook 6/1.8 mm make two Large size Hearts for the Ears.
3. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
4. Using my picture as a guide, sew hearts together.
5. With black cotton thread size 3, make 2-3 stitches for the eyes or you can use beads of your choice instead.
Enjoy your elephant!