– 4 medium-sized yellow squashes (I was using 2 squashes as they were large)
– 2 Tbsps. chopped fresh basil
– 1 onion
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
– 2 cups of Italian 3 cheese mixture (Mozzarella, Smoked Provolone and Parmesan) finely shredded
– Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2. Spray baking dish with olive oil ( I was using 8” x 11.5” baking dish).
3. Cut the squash in slices or half-moon slices.
5. Chop the onion.
6. Combine the sliced squash, chopped basil, chopped onion.
9. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
10. Put the mixture in the baking dish.
11. Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes.
12. In 25-30 minutes take the casserole dish out of the oven and sprinkle over the remaining 1 cup of cheese mixture.
13. Put the dish back in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted and nicely browned and squash is fully cooked. Serve hot.
This dish kept well in the fridge overnight.
This recipe was adopted from a recipe by Kalyn’s Kitchen.