- ¾ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ - 1 cup fresh berries of your choice (I was using blueberries, small strawberries, raspberries and alpines)
- 1 organic lemon (use organic lemon as nearly all conventional produce is coated with wax and it hard to remove)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Makes about 10-12 muffins.
You will need: standard-size muffin pan, grater with small holes or zester.
2. Make a lemon zest: Wash lemon under hot water and dry it. use the smallest holes on an ordinary grater or zester. Grate just enough to get through the yellow skin, avoiding the bitter white pith underneath. You will need about 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
4. Add lemon zest, stir.
5. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the mixing bowl, stir.
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.