I made these edible fly agaric (or fly amanita) mushrooms quite often when I was a child. They are a beautiful appetizer or table decorations and also a good use of leftover Easter eggs.
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- Mayonnaise, Butter or Cream Cheese
- Greens of your choice
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Peel them and cut a thin slice off the bottom of the eggs so that they will be more stable.
3. Arrange greens on a plate and position eggs on the greens.
4. Cut off about 1/4 of the tomatoes and hollow them out.
5. Place the hallowed tomatoes on the eggs.
6. Pipe some mayonnaise or cream cheese dots on the tomato tops or use toothpicks to put tiny pieces of butter (it is what I did).
Enjoy your fun egg mushrooms and don’t forget to tell your kids that real fly agaric mushrooms are not edible!
You might also like: