You have to try this delicious soup! Very gentle flavor, easy and quick to make.
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 package cream cheese 8 Oz
- 1/2 cup rice
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup finely cut broccoli
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Place chicken breast in a pot, add 2 quarts of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until it is ready (about 25-35 min).
2. When chicken is cooked, take it out of the pot, put it aside to cool down.
3. Add rice to the pot, cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Finely dice the onion.
5. Grate carrot.
6. Peel potatoes and cut in 1” x 1” cubes.
7. After meat cools down, cut it in small pieces (about 1” x 1”).
8. Add the potatoes, onions, carrot, broccoli and chicken to the pot.
9. Cook until potatoes are cooked – about 10-15 minutes.
10. Add cream cheese, stir very well, make sure no lumps of cheese are left. Simmer for additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve with croutons and garnish with chopped parsley.