Gazpacho is a traditional soup of southern Spanish region of Andalusia. It is made with raw vegetables and is perfect during hot summer.
- 2 medium cucumbers not peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded (you can use yellow or orange bell pepper as well)
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 23 ounces tomato juice (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Roughly chop the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions into 1-inch cubes. Put each vegetable separately into a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until it is coarsely chopped. Do not overprocess!
2. After each vegetable is processed, combine them in a large bowl and add the garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and chill before serving. The longer gazpacho sits, the more the flavors develop.
This delicious recipe was inspired by Ina Garten, Food Network.