PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board!
– 2 eggs
–1-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
–1 cup sugar
–1 cup sour cream
-1 teaspoon baking soda
– 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
–1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
–1 – 2 tablespoons butter
– 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
– ¾ – 1 cup sour cream
– 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Decoration for the top:
½ – ¾ cup Semi-sweet dark baking chocolate, shredded
Making the dough:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Lightly butter the sides of round 9“ cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Add 1/3 of dough.
6. Bake for 17-18 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. It should rise while in the oven. Do the same with the second and third part of the dough. When the first layer is done, remove it from oven, carefully take it out of the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. You want it to rest for a couple of hours. We end up with three layers.
Making the Frosting:
In a large mixing bowl combine remaining ½ of can sweetened condensed milk, ¾ – 1 cup sour cream and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Mix with the mixer on medium speed.
1. Put the layer you’d like to use as the bottom on a plate/dish. Then take some of the frosting and layer it evenly on top and side.
2. Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting. Repeat with frosting.
3. Repeat for the third layer.
5. Sprinkle the shredded chocolate over the frosting on the top and sides of cake. Put the cake into the refrigerator overnight or at least for 4-5 hours.
Make a cup of tea and enjoy your Russian Prague Cake!
You may also like: