This cake needs to be made ahead as it must sit in a fridge for 24 hours. So the best way is to make it one day ahead. It takes about 3 hours to make it.
PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board!
– 3 cups flour
– 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold
– 1 egg
– 150 ml water, cold
– Pinch of salt
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup sugar
– 1.5 Tablespoons flour
– 1 Tablespoon starch
– 750 ml milk
– 2 sticks unsalted butter
1. Put butter for 15 min in freezer. Whisk the egg in the cup.
13. Split dough into 10 pieces, form little balls and put them back into fridge.
15. Get one piece of the dough from the fridge, roll it onto a large sheet of parchment paper into a very thin crust about 10” -11’’ in diameter.
22. Put one crust on the cake dish and spread a generous amount of custard cream over the top.
23. Put the next layer on top of the first layer and spread custard cream again.
Next day make a cup of tea and enjoy the most delicious Napoleon cake!