PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board!
– 2 small or 1 large eggplant (I had one large eggplant about 16 Oz)
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
– 1 medium tomato, finely diced
– 1 small onion (or about ¼ cup finely diced onions)
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
Makes 1 – 1-1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Pierce the eggplant several times with a fork and bake for 45-55 min, or until the eggplant is very soft and wrinkled.
2. Place in a colander over a bowl to drain off any bitter juices and leave to cool down.
3. Carefully peel the skin from the eggplant, chop the flesh and place in a food processor with the garlic. Pulse the food processor a few times, until the mixture is almost smooth. Try not to overprocess.
Serve this Eggplant Caviar with pita or rye bread.