Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. When you start your shopping here, I get a small affiliate commission. This is at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my website!
PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board!
– 1 cup brown or green lentils, picked over and rinsed
– ½ medium yellow or white onion, chopped
– 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
– ½ medium zucchini, diced into 1/4” cubes
– ½ red or yellow or orange bell pepper, diced into 1/2” pieces
– 2-3 medium potatoes diced into ½ “cubes
– 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
– 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
– 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon curry powder
– Salt, black pepper to taste
– Juice of ½ medium lemon
– 1-2 cups chopped kale, tough ribs removed
3. After the lentils have cooked for 15 minutes, add to the pot diced zucchini, diced bell pepper, diced potatoes. Bring to a boil. Add sautéed onion and carrots.
4. Add diced drained tomatoes.
5. Add about 1 tsp of salt, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 min or until the lentils are tender and vegetables are cooked.
6. Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Or you can use an immersion blender.
8. Stir in the juice of half of a lemon, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.