This amazing Almond Flour Chocolate Mini Muffins recipe was shared with me by my friend who was on a gluten-free diet. One time she brought those muffins to our house and after I tried them they became one of my very favorite desserts, even though I am not on a gluten-free diet.
These gluten-free chocolate muffins are so delicious, so light and moist! But what I love most of all – when you bake them, your whole house fills with the delicious aroma of chocolate and almond extract!
At that time when my friend introduced me to this recipe, I was not familiar with gluten-free cooking and these muffins were my first experiment in diet food. Later on my son for some period of time had to be on a gluten-free diet and I discovered more delicious recipes made without gluten. You can find more gluten-free recipes on my website HERE.
– 1 cup almond flour
– 6 Tbs butter
– 3/4 cup powdered sugar
– 2 egg whites (from large eggs)
– 4 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Soften the butter in a hot water bath until it is very soft but not liquid.
3. Mix the almond flour with the cocoa powder, salt, and powdered sugar.
- Stir the egg whites and almond extract into the almond mixture, and then gradually stir in the softened butter until smooth.
5. Lightly grease with butter a mini-muffin pan.
6. Spoon the batter into the tins, filling them 3/4 full.
7. Bake 8-12 minutes depending on your oven. Muffins should be springy to the touch and slightly puffy.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.