If your child loves the book “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle, he will love this fun sandwich. Make this sandwich as a surprise or have fun making it together with your child.
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. When you start your shopping here, I get a small affiliate commission. This is at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my website!
Fun Sandwich for kids – Caterpillar Sandwich
PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board!
– 1 slice of toasted bread
– 1 piece of deli meat of your choice (chicken, turkey or ham)
– 1 piece of yellow (or orange) cheese
– Butter, mayonnaise or salad dressing
– 1 black olive
– 2 cucumbers – 1 large and 1 small
– Kitchen scissors
– Cookie cutter in the shape of a leaf
1. Take a piece of toasted bread and spread butter, mayo or your favorite salad dressing over it.
2. Put a piece of meat on top.
3. Put a piece of cheese on top.
4. With knife slice small cucumber in rounds.
5. With a knife cut large cucumber in half lengthwise. From one half make a slice for the leaf. With a cookie cutter cut the leaf out of this slice.
6. With a knife (or scissors) cut tiny pieces of olive for eyes, mouth, antennas, and feet.
7. Put the leaf on the bottom of the sandwich. Assemble caterpillar as in the photo.
Let your child enjoy the sandwich!
You may also like: