This Berry Pizza is a perfect summer dessert when you have a lot of berries available! It is made with almond flour, not very sweet, and easy to make.
This pizza is one of my family’s favorite desserts and during summer I am making it almost every weekend.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a commission.
For this summer berry pizza, you can use any berries you like and make any berry combination.
I, personally, like combinations of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. When I have them available, I like to add small amounts of boysenberries or blackberries.
This berry pizza is a wonderful way to use berries if you have them in your fridge and don’t know what to do with them.
As my family and I like to have a lot of berries for the topping, I recommend using 4 cups of berries. But you can add even more if you want!
The pizza is not very sweet, for the filling I am using honey instead of sugar. If you prefer sweet frosting, you can add more honey.
This summer berry pizza is great with hot tea (my favorite is this Japanize green tea), ice cream, or whip cream (it’s what my husband and son prefer).
For the pizza crust, I used the same recipe as for this Chocolate tart. But instead of baking in a glass pie dish, I am using a pizza pan.
You can PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board for later HERE!
- ½ cup unsweetened, raw coconut flakes
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons organic grade A maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (extra virgin, unrefined, cold pressed), melted.
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz organic cream cheese, softened to room temperature (cold cream cheese won’t mix well)
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cups berries of your choice, washed
Find my favorite kitchen items HERE!
1.Take cream cheese out of the fridge about 30 min ahead of time to reach room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with the oven rack in the center position.
3. Cut parchment paper to the size of your pizza pan and cover the pizza pan with it.
4. In a food processor, combine the coconut flakes, almond flour, and salt.
Pulse until the mixture resembles medium size crumbs, about 30 seconds.
Then add the maple syrup and coconut oil. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand, about 30 seconds.
5. Dump the coconut almond crust on the parchment paper.
Gently spread the crumbs to make an even layer. Once the crumbs are even, press the crumbs with firm pressure using a measuring cup.
You may need to brush the bottom of the cup with coconut oil to make sure the crumb mixture doesn’t stick.
6. Bake the crust for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool on the counter.
The crust will be very fragile, do not remove it from the pizza pan!
7. Prepare filling.
Put cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add honey.
Using a hand mixer, blend them together.
8. Very carefully spread filling over crust.
9. Arrange fresh berries on top.
10. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Refrigeration will make the crust less fragile and it will be easy to cut.
If you try to cut your pizza without refrigeration, the crust will just crumble.