Crochet Monster Knee Patch – a fun way to patch a hole in a child’s pants! As I have a preschool-age son who makes a new hole in his pants every couple of weeks, I thought that this idea is brilliant. The idea to make Monster Knee Patch was brought to me by ArtBar blog. The patches don’t have to be boring, you can make them super cute and fun!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a commission.
As I like to crochet, I decided to make a crocheted Monter knee patch. All I have to do is to crochet a swatch for the hole instead of using a piece of fabric and crochet monster teeth!
PIN this crochet Monster Knee Patch idea to your Pinterest Boards for later!
Ch(s) – chain(s)
SC – single crochet
Sl St(s) – slip stitch(s)
St (s)– stitch(es)
- For the Monster knee patch, I used crochet cotton thread size 3, color – blue.
- For the Teeth – crochet cotton thread size 3, color – white.
- Crochet hook 1/2.75 mm.
You can find my favorite crochet supplies HERE!
- First, you need to trim the hole so that there are no frayed edges.
2. Crochet SC (single crochet) swatch about twice the width and about 2 inches longer than the hole.
3. Make Monster’s Teeth.
Using white crochet cotton thread, chain a multiple of 3. (The length of your chain will depend on the length of the hole; in my sample – Ch 24).
Row 1. SC into second Ch from hook, SC into each Ch across, Ch 1 and turn.
Row 2. SC into each St across, turn.
Row 3. Sl St into 1st St of previous Row, *Sl St into next St; make tooth – Ch 4, Sl St into 2nd Ch from hook, HDC into next Ch, DC into next Ch – this complete first tooth; skip next St of previous Row, Sl St into next St*. Repeat from * to * to the end of this Row. Sl St into last St.
Fasten off and weave in the ends.
4. Place swatch behind the hole and place teeth on top of the swatch along the top of the hole, pin them and then hand sew them around the mouth using backstitch technique. I went around twice.
Make the second eye.
Sew eyes on the pants.
Now introduce your child to his little Monster!
You may also like: