This beautiful crochet scarf is made with Caron Cakes yarn Lemon Lime color. It is easy to make and the finished scarf is very attractive!
This scarf was one of my road trip projects. Typically when we are going on a trip and while my husband is driving, I am working on some of my crochet work in progress.
Usually, I bring with me some easy project which requires thick yarn, a large size hook and doesn’t have a very complicated pattern.
This scarf was easy, worked fast and was perfect for my road trip!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a commission.
PIN this scarf idea to your Pinterest Board for later!
Some time ago I found on Ravelry a wonderful scarf from the Finnish magazine Ulla. This scarf has a simple design and the result is very pretty!
And when I got beautiful Lemon Lime Caron Cakes yarn, I immediately knew what to make with it!
But actually, you don’t have to use Caron Cakes for this scarf. It will look beautiful and attractive with any yarn. This scarf is also a good stash buster!
For my scarf, I was using ideas from two patterns.
The pattern for the scarf itself, as I already mentioned, is from a Finnish Magazine and the link is available on the Ravelry website. The pattern is in Finnish, but an English translation can be found in the comments to this scarf on Ravelry.
My Scarf is about 94” long and 11” wide.
Materials and Hook:
For this crochet scarf, you will need two Lemon Lime Caron Cakes and crochet hook size J-10 6mm.
Find my favorite crochet supplies HERE!
- For my scarf, I chained 285 (multiple of 20 Sts + 5). Also, I did HDC between chains instead of DC as the original pattern recommends.
2. Start with a 9” tail for the fringe, then Ch 285, leave 9” tail for the fringe at the end. Cut off yarn.
Start each Row with 9” tail and leave 9” tail for the fringe in the end. Cut off yarn at the end of each Row.
3. Each Row is a repeat of: HDC in each of 5 Sts, Ch 15, skip 15 Sts, HDC in each of next 5 Sts.
4. For my Scarf, I made 32 Rows. You can adjust the width of your scarf depending on how you would like. Accordingly, you will need more or less yarn.
5. I was changing colors every row by pulling yarn from both ends. Because my Lemon Lime yarn cakes had more Lemon color then other shades of green, I was using the Lemon color in every other row.
6. Between Lemon color rows I was using darker shades of green from another end of the first cake and from both ends of the second cakes.
7. At some point, I had Lemon color at the end of each cake, so I had to unwind Lemon color into a small separate ball until I reached the darker green color.
For this scarf, I’ve used about 1.5 balls of Caron Cakes. Later on, from remaining yarn I made this beautiful Hat.
In the end, I tied on extra fringe.
This crochet Scarf is a really pretty project and I hope you will like it as I do!
Messy Bun Hat
Lost in Time Shawl
Spiral Top Messy Bun Hat
Sarah Walker says
There is no pattern for this scarf! What happened??
For this crochet scarf I was using two patterns. The first pattern for the scarf itself is from Ravelry.
Second pattern is for Self-Fringing Scarf by Jeanne Steinhilber. Links are provided in the beginning of this post.
Mary L. says
The written pattern I found on Ravelry is only available in finnish. Is there an English pattern somewhere? Thank you.
English translation is in the comments.
Please tell me where the English version is, I have looked everywhere and can not find it. Thank you
The original pattern for the scarf is on Ravelry, here is the link: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ketjusilmukkahuiviscarf
Pattern is in Finnish but there is English translation, you can find it in the comments on Ravelry.
Miss Daisy says
Thank you Lucy , I’m able to do this from your directions , as always your creations are precise , to the point and beautiful .
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am very happy that you like my work!
I just found your beautiful scarf. Thank you for such detailed instructions. No need for a pattern with ypur description of how you made it.❤
Miss Daisy says
As you know I love All of your patterns , I don’t have a lot of experience in crochet and self taught from YouTube . I’m going to be advantageous and try this , love your colors but don’t have them . I’m trying to use up what I have no matter how ridiculous it looks. Have a great week !