Gazpacho is a traditional soup of the southern Spanish region of Andalusia. It is made with raw vegetables and is perfect during the hot summer.
I love to make this soup from freshly picked vegetables from my garden. There are many variations of gazpacho but this variation by Ina Garten I like most of all.
PIN this Gazpacho recipe to your Pinterest Boards for later!
2 medium cucumbers not peeled
2 bell peppers, cored and seeded (you can any color bell peppers)
4 medium tomatoes
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups tomato juice
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut into large pieces the vegetables – cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onions.
- Using a food processor (I use this one) fitted with a steel blade, process each vegetable separately. Pulse a couple of times until it is coarsely chopped. Do not puree the vegetables.
Find my favorite kitchen items HERE!
- Combine processed vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add garlic.
5. Add tomato juice.
5. Add vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
6. Mix well. Put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
This delicious recipe was inspired by Ina Garten, Food Network.
You may also like: