This Greek Salad recipe is one of my favorites! It is very tasty and super easy to make. Light and filling at the same time, full of fresh vegetables and served with a healthy olive oil dressing.
Typically Greek salad is made of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese, and olives. There are many variations of this salad, sometimes you can see other ingredients added to the salad. I like to add to colorful bell pepper. I am not sure what the Greek’s might think of this, but my family and I enjoy this added touch.
You can see variations in the olive oil based salad dressing. Sometimes it includes herbs, garlic, and vinegar. For my salad dressing, I just use olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
PIN this Greek Salad recipe to your Pinterest boards for later!
3 medium tomatoes
½ hothouse long cucumber
1 bell pepper color of your choice – red, yellow or orange. (Or you can use two halves of peppers of different colors as I did). Remove the seeds.
½ red onion
4 Oz Feta cheese
Black Olives (whole, pitted) – about 1 cup
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil ( you can use Extra Light olive oil)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Pinch of black pepper
- Dice tomatoes into large pieces, place in a large bowl.
2. Slice cucumber in about ¼ thick half rounds, place in a bowl.
5. Mix tomatoes, cucumber, onion, pepper together.
6. Make the dressing – combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add to the bowl, mix it.
7. Dice feta in a ½ inch cubes. Add the feta and olives to your salad and toss lightly.
Enjoy your Greek Salad!
You may also like: