This appetizer is beautiful, super tasty and easy to make. A classic combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil. No-cooking required.
- Cherry or Grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella (bocconcini or ciliegine – drained; or you can use whole piece of mozzarella)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash tomatoes, cut them in a half. Some of my tomatoes were pretty big, so I had to cut them in three pieces.
3. Rinse and dry basil leaves.
3. Skewer onto a toothpick half of tomato, mozzarella, basil leaf (if the leaf is large, you can fold it in a half) and half of tomato.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
You can make these skewers ahead and store in refrigerator. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil before serving.