I made these edible fly agaric (or fly amanita) mushrooms quite often when I was a child. They are a beautiful appetizer or table decorations and also a good use of leftover Easter eggs.
These mushrooms are made from hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes.
For the white dots, you can use mayonnaise, butter or cream cheese.
PIN this recipe to your Pinterest Board for later!
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 Medium Tomatoes
- Mayonnaise, Butter or Cream Cheese
- Greens of your choice
Find my favorite kitchen items HERE!
- Hard boil the eggs.
2. Peel them and cut a thin slice off the bottom of the eggs so that they will be more stable.
3. Arrange greens on a plate and position eggs on the greens.
4. Cut off about 1/4 of the tomatoes and hollow them out.
5. Place the hollowed tomatoes on the eggs.
6. Pipe some mayonnaise or cream cheese dots on the tomato tops or use toothpicks to put tiny pieces of butter (it is what I did).
Enjoy your fun egg mushrooms!