This beautiful crocheted cord (or crocheted ribbon), also known as Romanian cord, is very popular in Romanian and Irish laces. Also, it is widely used in freeform crochet.
You can use this crochet cord in many different ways. You can make an elegant belt, embellish any of your handmade projects, make drawstrings, or you can use it in jewelry. I used this crochet cord for my Crochet Necklace.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a small affiliate commission.
For more crochet patterns, craft ideas and fun projects follow GoldenLucyCrafts on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!
PIN this tutorial to your Pinterest Board for later!
Crochet Romanian Cord – Photo Tutorial
(See a list of crochet abbreviations used in patterns by yarn industry designers and publishers HERE)
Ch – chain
St (Sts) – stitch (stitches)
YO – yarn over
Shop all my favorite crochet supplies HERE!
- Insert hook into 2nd and 3rd Ch from the hook, YO and draw a loop – you have two loops on the hook.
2. YO and draw yarn through those 2 loops.
3. *Turn work away from you, insert hook under these 2 strands.
3. YO, draw a loop through those 2 strands – you have two loops on the hook.
6. YO and draw loop through 2 loops on the hook.
Continue repeating from * – turn and work under two strands.
I hope you enjoyed this crochet Romanian Cord photo and video tutorial!
My Free Crochet Patterns can also be found on Allfreecrochet website.