Use your crochet skills to make this charming crochet wall art of a Snowman Catching Snowflakes! This project will make a cute decoration for your home to enjoy during the Winter season or a great handmade gift.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For this wall art project, I used two different materials – crocheted appliques and small snowflake craft buttons.
For the crochet applique, I used the snowman pattern I created previously as part of the crochet Winter ornaments design. The link to the pattern can be found below in the pattern I used section.
I love to create wall decorations on canvas using crochet appliques. To do that, you just need to crochet the pieces, arrange them on a canvas, and then glue them down.
More crochet ideas for home decoration can be found HERE.
I hope you will like my Snowman Catching Snowflakes crochet wall art and will get inspired to create your own art!
More snowman-themed patterns can be found in these posts: crochet Melted Snowman, crochet Snowman in Love applique, crochet Winter Ornaments, crochet Snowman Dog Bandana, Heart Snowman Christmas ornament, Snowman mini pillow, and Snowman crochet pattern collection.
You can Pin this wall art idea to your Pinterest Board for later HERE, or PIN the image below.
How to Make the Snowman Catching Snowflakes Crochet Wall Art
To create this wall art you need to crochet the snowman applique and then glue it and the snowflake buttons to the canvas.
Materials I used:
- Medium weight #4 cotton yarn
- Acrylic paint
- For the background I’ve used 9 x 12” canvas
- Glue gun
- Small snowflake craft buttons (try to get flat back buttons. If you get shank buttons, you will need to remove the shanks). I like to buy buttons on Etsy, here are the buttons I used: Mini Snowflakes Buttons
- Craft cutter to remove button shanks.
1. Paint a canvas in dark blue color.
2. Crochet a snowman applique.
The pattern I used:
A free pattern for the snowman can be found in the post: Crochet Winter Ornaments.
3. Block your applique as necessary.
4. If your buttons have shanks, cut the shanks off.
5. Arrange the snowman applique and snowflake buttons on the canvas.
6. Using a hot glue gun, glue the applique and snowflakes to the canvas.
Congratulations! Your Snowman Catching Snowflakes crochet wall art is complete!
I hope you enjoyed this Snowman Catching Snowflakes crochet art project!