Make this crochet Halloween dog bandana for your furry friend and take them with you for trick-o-treating! If you like to dress up your dog – Halloween is a perfect holiday to do this. I made this crochet Halloween Bandana for our dog Lucy – our super cute Golden Retriever. Now she is ready for Halloween!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a commission.
This crochet dog bandana is made from cotton yarn and is embellished with a heart-shaped Spider applique. If you like bats, you can embellish your Halloween bandana with my crochet Bat applique. You can find more crochet Halloween applique patterns available on this website.
For this crochet Halloween dog bandana I used the same pattern as for the original pink bandana I made for Lucy earlier this year. I just made different edging, which I think is more suitable for Halloween. You will find instructions on how to make this edging below.
If you like to dress up your dog for other holidays as well, you can adapt my crochet dog bandana pattern to make it in specific colors and embellish with seasonal appliques. For example, you can embellish the bandana with my crochet Reindeer applique for Christmas, crochet heart applique for Valentine’s Day, and crochet Shamrock applique for St. Patrick’s Day.
Halloween Dog Bandana
Add this pattern to your Ravelry library!
PIN this pattern to your Pinterest Board for later!
(See a list of crochet abbreviations used in patterns by yarn industry designers and publishers HERE)
Ch – chain
SC- single crochet
Sl St – slip stitch
Spike St – spike stitch
St (Sts) – stitch (stitches)
Approximately 33” long and 9” wide (at widest point)
- Patons Grace sport weight #2 yarn (100% mercerized cotton, 1.75 oz/50g, color – fiesta), 2 skeins
- Patons Grace sport weight #2 yarn (100% mercerized cotton, 1.75 oz/50g, color – black), 1 skein
You can find my favorite crochet supplies HERE!
Follow the Instructions for the pink dog bandana Rows 1 – 86.
Do not fasten off.
- When working along the row ends, work into the spaces between the row-end stitch and next stitch.
- We will NOT work along the longest straight side of the bandana, only along two other sides.
- How to do Spike Stitch: Insert the hook from front to back into the space one or more rows below the next stitch from the previous row. Draw the yarn through the stitch and up to the current level of work. Do not pull the stitch too tight. Yarn over and draw the yarn through the 2 loops on your hook.
Row 1. Ch 1, work two SC in each row-end DC. Work along both short sides. Turn.
Row 2. Ch 1, skip first St, SC in each St to the end of the row. Fasten off. Turn.
Row 3. Join black color to first St. Ch 1, SC in next 2, *Spike St into space one row below, SC in next 2, Spike St into space two rows below, SC in next 2, repeat from * to the end of the row.
Make crochet Spider applique and sew it on the bandana.
Dress up your dog!
Have fun Halloween!
I hope you enjoyed this Halloween dog bandana!
For more crochet patterns, craft ideas and fun projects follow GoldenLucyCrafts on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram!
You may also like: